From the current perspective, nothing stands in the way of an unrestricted winter season. An unforgettable time on the mountain - that is the wish of all our guests. We take all the necessary measures so that you can spend your vacation days carefree in our ski area. A responsible approach The safety of our guests and employees is very important to us. In times like these, dealing responsibly with one another is essential. This includes compliance with officially ordered safety precautions as well as the independent action of each individual. Everyone is asked to make their contribution to compliance and implementation of the applicable regulations.
The Gerlitzen Alpe has six entry points into the ski area with corresponding parking areas.
"Open Air" cable cars and lifts:
Our 20 cable cars and lifts are mainly divided into chairlifts and drag lifts, so the fresh mountain air is a constant companion. With our online ticket shop you can avoid queuing at the cash desks.
The "Sunn Alm" on the Kanzelhöhe, the "Edelweiß Hütte" at the Klösterle valley station, the "Seppl Hütte" at the Birkenhoflift valley station and the "Kanzelstubn" at the Kanzelbahn valley station have "to-go" delicacies open for you.
- Signposts & information points on the code of conduct throughout the ski area.
- Sale of FFP2 masks and MNS tube scarves: If you don't have the right mouth and nose protection with you, you can purchase one at our cash desk.
- Organization of waiting areas: In the waiting area, the minimum distance of one meter to other ski guests must be observed on all sides. So that this works better, guidance systems are set up in front of the turnstiles, which make it easier for you to comply with this.
- The “Fast Lane” for individual skiers at the chairlifts remains closed so that only those people who are wanted can ride with you on the lift. Our employees at the cable cars see themselves as service providers and are happy to help you answer questions about compliance with the safety measures, so that you can always move around the ski area with a good feeling.
- Reduction of the maximum transport capacity in all CLOSED cable cars to 50% (Kanzelbahn, Wörthersee 6-seater Family Jet):
- In order to maintain the minimum distance, the available seats on the cable cars listed above may only be half occupied. The exception is of course the family group or people from a common household
- Hygiene: We have installed hand disinfection facilities in the indoor area of our cable cars and the toilet facilities. The countless toilet facilities in the respective station buildings of the cable cars in the area are also checked, cleaned and disinfected several times a day. A list with the cleaning times hangs on all entrance doors of the toilet facilities.
- Ventilation of the gondolas: A window in the doors of the Kanzelbahn is always open to ensure continuous ventilation. In addition, the Kanzelbahn also has ventilation inlets in the floor area.
- Disinfection measures by means of cold fogging: We disinfect all cable car, sanitary and toilet facilities, first aid rooms and staff lounge rooms on a daily basis. In addition, cold fogging devices were purchased with which the cabins of the Kanzelbahn are disinfected several times a day. These devices meet the highest standards, which are used in operating theaters, for example.
- Our employees with guest contact are instructed to wear an MNS and gloves.
- COVID tests: As a transport company with public transport, the legislation requires a responsible railway doctor. He carries out the necessary COVID tests for our employees, who work in isolated teams.
- Wear FFP2 mouth and nose protection (Kanzelbahn, Gipfelbahn & Wörthersee 6-er Family Jet): From the age of 15, wearing an MNS of quality class FFP2 is mandatory. FFP2 masks must be worn in the Kanzelbahn line up area, in the Kanzelbahn itself, on the Gipfelbahn, on the Wörthersee 6- The Family Jet, at the cash registers, in the waiting areas and in the toilet facilities. Corresponding information boards are attached in these areas.
- MNS: It is compulsory to wear mouth and nose protection (hose scarf or commercially available MNS) in all other areas. An MNS (also for children from 6 years) must be worn in the following areas in particular: during the lift ride (except for the Kanzelbahn, Gipfelbahn and Wörthersee 6-seater Family Jet - here please FFP 2 mask).
- Keep your distance: The minimum distance of two meters must be kept in the following areas: When queuing at the cash registers, when queuing at the lift stations and in all publicly accessible buildings. This rule also applies if mouth and nose protection is worn. Gondolas and lifts are considered public transport. If it is not possible to maintain a distance of two meters when getting on and off after the turnstiles and in the gondolas and lifts, the minimum distance can be bypassed if a mouth and nose protection (protection class FFP2 mask or higher) is worn. People from the same household can board all lifts together without restriction.
- Ventilate the cabins: If necessary, open the window sash while driving to ensure that the gondola lift is ventilated.
- Pay attention to hand hygiene: Observe general hygiene rules and wash your hands regularly. Disinfection facilities are available in the indoor areas of the cable cars and toilet facilities.
- Dispose of used protective masks: Do not throw away protective masks and handkerchiefs, dispose of them properly. Sufficient waste bins are available in the cable car stations.
- Follow instructions: Follow the instructions and behavioral recommendations - especially with regard to hygiene regulations - from our employees.
- Buy online tickets and pay cashless: Please use our online shop and / or the self-service ticket machines to purchase your tickets! We ask you to pay cashless at the cash desk.
- Only healthy on the slopes: If you feel sick or have symptoms that could indicate a possible COVID-19 infection (fever, cough, sore throat, etc.), please do not go skiing. As holiday guests, please inform the reception of your accommodation provider immediately.
- And most importantly: show personal responsibility and thereby protect your own health and the health of others.
No reservation necessary for your day of skiing
7 cash desks and 4 ticket machines are in operation for you every day. Since all cash desks, lifts and slopes are open on the Gerlitzen Alpe, no online reservation is necessary for your day of skiing. Our dedicated cashier is at your side with advice and action when purchasing tickets and all other questions.
There are a total of 4 self-service ticket machines on the Gerlitzen Alpe from the 2020/21 winter season. You can find them at:
Tickets can be bought and paid for there regardless of time and contactless.